- HPC-Europa experience at KTH
- What we offer to our visitors
- Some pre-visit arrangements
- During your stay
- Useful links
HPC-Europa experience at KTH
Over its four-year lifespan (2017-2021), the HPC-Europa3 consortium expects to support 1.220 researchers, with 40 of those planned to be hosted by Sweden. The calls for applications will be issued 4 times per year and published online on the HPC-Europa3 website. Visits are organised in the same way at all centres, and the application and selection processes for Transnational Access as well as post-visit reporting are organised at the consortium level. All of these centralised procedures and common visit rules are fully described HERE.
What we offer to our visitors
- access to one of the most advanced high performance computing facility in Europe
- collaboration with scientific hosts outside PDC in a huge variety of research fields
- technical and scientific support from our internal researchers with large expertise
- travel and living expenses
- logistical support before and during your stay
Some pre-visit arrangements
Once you have been contacted, as soon as possible, before starting your visit you are requested to send us your name, surname, address, date and place of born, a copy of your passport or identity card, an electronic picture of yourself. This will allow us to speed up the registering procedures.
You will receive well in advance a file containing information about refunding and living expenses grant.
During your stay
PDC is part of KTH Royal Institute of Technology and is located in the heart of Stokcholm, capital of Sweden. The Arlanda aiport is easy reachable by express trains (20 minutes) from the center. From KTH-PDC you can easily reach Stockholm center and the central station (which is in the center) by metro (only three stops). The metro in Sweden is called Tunnelbana and you can by the ticket from the ticket machines at the entrance.
Stockholm is a very welcoming city. At the links below you will find some useful info about the city and what it offers!
- Stockholm Visitors Official Web Site
- Having fun
- Public transportation in Stockholm